Emilio Barillaro was born in 1980 in Gioiosa Jonica (Italy).
He lives and works in Roma (Italy) as Photographer.
He teaches Photography at “Centro Romano di Fotografia e Cinema”.
He is member of the Photographic Museum of Humanity.
He uses photography to discover life and find his place in this world. The camera helps him to linger, to slow down this busy life, and shows him all those little things that his eyes are not able to see.
His work has been published on different national and international websites, magazines and books.
His pictures were exhibited – at different events – both in Europe and in America.
- Shortlisted at Gomma Photography Grant 2017 with “Night”, a SPontanea collective work
- 2nd prize at National Geographic – Italy Contest 2016 – People Category
- Shortlisted at ImagOrbetello Award 2016 – Street Photography category
- Honorable mention at Moscow International Photo Awards 2016 – Culture / Life Style category
- 2nd prize at Moscow International Photo Awards 2015 – Book / Nature category
- 3rd prize at Moscow International Photo Awards 2015 – Editorial – Environmental category
- Honorable mention at PRIX DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS (PX3) 2015
- Honorable mention at MONOCHROME PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2014 – People category
- Honorable mention at NEUTRAL DENSITY PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2014 – Street Photography category
- Shortlisted at PHOTOLUX LEICA AWARD 2014
- Honorable mention at “ONE SHOT : ONE WORLD” 2014 – People category
- Honorable mention at IPA (Int’l Photography Awards) 2013 – People category
- Shortlisted at LEICA PHOTOGRAPHERS AWARD 2013